May 1, 2020

The Big Pause - Day 51 - May 1 - Fire at the Mister Lube

I've been mixing my bike rides up for the past few weeks. Surrey is a big grid so I've been trying to take a different grid route each time. Today I made sure to head down 152nd and Fraser Highway. It seems the Mister Lube had a fire last night and I wanted to see the damage. I was a little suspicious because this is now the 3rd fire on the new Sky-train route. It appears the damage wasn't so bad but that was likely because they are literally next door to the fire department. They wouldn't even have had to get in their trucks. Just hook up the hose and spray over the fence.
After work, Carter and I headed to Home Depot. I know we are supposed to stay home but I don't think we're going to get to zero cases and we have to figure out how to live our lives. This means standing in line ups out side so that the number of people inside is kept to a minimum. I wanted to get some 6 x 6 post caps so I could figure out how big my pathway lights needed to be.

After Home Depot, Carter reminded me about the need for a TV for his room. His sister has one because we had a spare so it seems I didn't have a choice but to get one for him. Just a small one mounted to the wall. His conditions for purchase were that he can't get mad at me when he doesn't win at 21 in basketball. So far it's working.

For dinner Carter and I had McDelivery and Kerry and Callie had Indian food. I should also mention that the kids had a Pro-D day. Not sure that means anything anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment