It's hair cut day! I realize that in the middle of a pandemic, getting a haircut isn't the most important thing but it's been 2 1/2 months and the hair studio near us has finally opened for business. As much as I think that everyone should be minimizing their contact with people, this disease will be with us for a while so we need to find a way to get back to some semblance of normal. The hair dresser also needs an income. The process wasn't too bad. We use Great Clips and they have an app for signing in so we drove there at opening and waited in the parking lot until the online signing opened up and we ended up with only a 20 minute wait. Some of the people in line were quite disappointed so even though they showed up before opening, they weren't able to or didn't know how to sign in and ended up having to leave. We had missed a full hair cut cycle so we left that as a tip. In my view, that money was theirs and we just had to suffer through long hair for a while.
In the afternoon I went to Windsor plywood for some plywood and thick wood for shelves in the family room. You could now move around Windsor plywood with physical distancing measures in place. I got lucky with the 2 inch stock. They happened to have 40 inch pieces of some hardwood that are the perfect size which meant much less waste if I had to buy 8 foot stock.
No comments:
Post a Comment